Re: virtinst ... proper API way to add a floppy drive?

Cole Robinson wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 12:14:49PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
This is the core issue - you're giving the floppy a harddisk name
Yeah, I caught that :)

guest.disks.append(virtinst.VirtualDisk(device=virtinst.VirtualDisk.DEVICE_FLOPPY, path=floppy_path))
I think you'll need to at least give a device name.

libvirt fills in the bus, based on device name if you leave it out
The constructor signature for VirtualDisk is...

__init__(self, path=None, size=None, transient=False, type=None, device='dis
k', driverName=None, driverType=None, readOnly=False, sparse=True, conn=None, vo
lObject=None, volInstall=None, volName=None, bus=None)

Which field would I use for specifying the device name?
Just set

   device=VirtualDisk.DEVICE_FLOPPY

and  virtinst generated the device name

Daniel
Scroll up a bit for my Python line I'm using, I did that :)

Seems like a bug in virtinst then. I'll write it up.

--Michael

Actually this may be fixed upstream:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-virt.cgi/applications/virtinst--devel/rev/fd4baa6410d8

Can you try an upstream checkout?

Thanks,
Cole

Great!

Absolutely.

Do you know when that is on schedule to be backported to F10 and/or EL 5? (Yes, I know F11 is out soon enough, but mainly I'm
interested in EL).

I typically do that with each release (i.e. upstream bugs get released for all OS's) but wasn't sure what the policy was for virtinst.

--Michael