virt-manager broken by bind(0) in net-next.

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:35:44 +0000
"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 09:21:14PM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > This is probably related to the new GEM code. But on 2.6.29-rc2 if I start up the virtual
> > machine manager then run a guest, the display gets screwed up.
> >
> > virt-machine-manager
> >   click local-host (System)
> >   Run one of the existing VM's
> >
> > The virtual console window then cause a dialog about allowing remote access to display;
> > (this never happened with earlier kernels), regression #1
> >
> > Then if I allow it multiple copies of the window start cloning and general chaos ensues.
>
> You'll have to provide more useful information than 'screwed up' and
> 'general choas' if we're to properly dianose this. A screenshot of what
> is wrong if there's a graphics rendering problem would be a start.
>
> Also, what GTK-VNC version do you have ?  Make sure it is at least
> 0.3.8, so that it is using Cairo for rendering, and not old buggy
> OpenGL based GtkGLExt.
>
> Daniel

The problem is only in the net-next tree (not mainline 2.6.29-rcX).
Bisected down to this commit is the problem:

a9d8f9110d7e953c2f2b521087a4179677843c2a is first bad commit
commit a9d8f9110d7e953c2f2b521087a4179677843c2a