Cobbler in static IP landscape and existing KS

Hello,

I am going to run a proof of concept using Cobbler and I need some advise as it differs substantially from the current scenario.

At the moment this is the way we build our new servers:

    We have a build server with httpd that contains the kickstart tree and the kickstart configuration templates. We have an static website where we enter the information for a new build ( ip, netmask, console type, etc)  and it passes the variables to an script that builds the kickstart file for that system feeding the template with the variables. Then using ILO or similar, we boot from a minimum cd, and we do a normal  ks installation using http.

    That method has worked fine for RHEL3 and RHEL4 and people would just make some changes in the scripts and collectors and a new version could be used. However we don't mantain a decent documentation about howto do any of this and I started doing some research about it, until I found cobbler.

    What I need is Cobbler to be able to mantain my existing RHEL3 and 4 kickstart trees and kickstart templates ( we don't want to change them ) and also help me making more dynamic and diversified RHEL5 installations in a tidy, structured way.

We are also willing to be able to upgrade  servers using koan ( or any other method ).

I would like someone to recommend some material I could follow to achieve this. No PXE, NoDHCP, NO Bind. We use static IPs.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Guillermo Liarte