Re: remote virtual terminals

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Brian McKee <brian.mckee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:40 PM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need to do Ctl-Alt-Fn to access alternate Virtual Consoles on the virsh
> console
> on the DomU to troubleshoot the DHCP issue.  But the Hardy laptop is
> catching
> the Ctrl-Alt-Fn and presenting alternets Virtual Consoles on the laptop
> instead of
> shoving them through the ssh connection to the remote virsh console.

I only vaguely followed that - but what about `chvt` ?

It looks like Ctrl-Alt-Fn is normally bound to: chvt n
on the my Hardy laptop.

When the xterm with the ssh session to the remote xen dom0 has focus,
I need to override that binding somehow.  Instead of Ctrl-Alt-Fn changing
the virtual consoles on the local laptop.  I want it sent over the ssh connection
to the remote dom0 session.  Where it can be processed by the virsh runnning
in dom0 presenting a domU console.

The domU is in early stages of the RHEL5 installer and my idea of tweaking
the key bindings isn't going to work.

Brian

Drew Einhorn