Re: [patch] templatize Cobbler's system entries in dhcpd.conf

Al Tobey wrote:
Michael,

The attached patch moves DHCP system entries from manage_isc.py to
/etc/cobbler/dhcp.template.     I have it passing down a lot more data
than is probably necessary, but then again, when imaging comes around,
the profile/distro data may end up being more useful than it is right
now.   I've only been able to lightly test this, but it should get
things pretty close.

-Al Tobey

Sharp!

I like the way how this streamlines things out.

I'm going to go ahead and apply this to the devel branch, comments/testing from others are welcome (especially as I'm mostly going to be gone for Summit/FudCON this week). One potential warning note is that people who do upgrade to this version will have to pay attention to their /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template.rpmnew otherwise things will stop working for them. I think that's reasonable given the flexibility this allows.

One of the other things I want to do in the future is to make the yum config files fully dynamic and Cheetah powered, so we'll be able to drive even more from templates (so we'll be even more customizable there as well).

Thanks!

--Michael