How-to: write custom authorization code

I would like to write an update to the authorization code where a user only has access to add a system and run cobbler sync via the webGUI.

I have a requirement where distros, repos, and profiles are created and maintained by engineering (full access) and support (read/write to systems, read-only everything else) will be performing install.

Any pointers where to start would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

joe

Joseph Boyer Jr
Enterprise Technology Services