Re: Is a switch required?

Ole Ersoy wrote:

DHCP works via subnet broadcast - if you are doing DHCP across a router, the router needs to have dhcp-relay function turned on. Otherwise you are stuck.

Ah - That makes sense - I'll see if that's turned on - Thanks.

The filename is set in the main ISC dhcp definition if you are using the shipped /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template.

I assume the "filename" corresponds to "option routers", which I set to the IP address of my router. My understanding is that ISC DHCP would broadcast to the router using that routers IP, and then the router would relay from there. Please correct me if I'm off.

Off slightly -
filename corresponds to the /path/filename requested for pxe boot
options routers - provides the default gateway.

Hence it is inherited by individual entries. No need to set it individually for each host entry.

Awesome - Thanks for all your help!

Ole
--
-regards