Barebones Install Without Koan?

Hi,

Currently I use a USB boot drive to do network installs on new hardware (The hardware is minimal, with no CD or DVD drive).  I'd like to get around having to use the USB drive.  Ideally I would just plug a raw machine into the network and be able to click through the install from there.  Is that possible with Cobbler (Or do I have to have a kickstart profile for the hardware before starting)?

Thanks,
- Ole