Re: cobbler - webui and reposync

Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
working with cobbler release - 0.8.2

questions/comments:
1 - is there a "cgi-bin/cobbler/webui.cgi" file that is supposed to be included in the distribution? It doesn't seem to be in GIT, but the "wui.html" file points to it.

As mentioned on the list previously, the URL you want is "/cobbler/web/" for the WebUI. This is just an error in the link and has been fixed upstream.

2. when running "cobbler reposync" after defining 2 new repos to mirrors, error in the definition of the first repo (had a typo) does not allow reposync to fall through to the next entry. Would be nice if it could trap that error and try the next entry and possibly report at the end of the run on successful and unsuccessful syncs.

There's an RFE open on this.

Meanwhile, you can do "cobbler reposync --only=name" for each repo you want to sync.

3. when running "cobbler reposync", send a "Ctrl+c" kills the "cobbler" process but it is not trapped and does not kill the underlying "reposync" process.

Looks like we should consider trapping SIGINT here. I'll file an item in Trac on this.

4. would it possible to define an alternate location for the mirrored repos, include a note about a bind mount options or both?

Some of this is already documented on the Wiki with respect to ks_mirror, yes, we can extend it to deal with alternate repo storage instructions as well. In fact, it's a Wiki, so feel free to add this yourself!

Thanks!

--Michael

-Subhendu