Re: Working on VMware support for cobbler/koan..

Michael DeHaan wrote:

Once we do this (and are able to represent ISO file tracking), we can also support Xen Fullvirt without the need for PXE infrastructure (which means potentially being able to install non-Linux distros also as well as support appliance-like stuff, though we may need a few more options there as that rolls on).

Rethinking this, the above ISO approach might not allow passing ks=foo without rebuilding ISOs, in which case we may still need to do PXE for both of those after all to keep them fully automated. Stay tuned :)

It's looking that way.

So Cobbler will manage the PXE tree and koan can feed the vmx file info on ram/disk requirements, which it will then create the "shell" VM which can then PXE via cobbler.

So you will probably want to do it by system records in Cobbler...

More info later as I hack on this further...

--Michael