Re: virt-p2v

Andrew Peabody wrote:
Hi Richard,

I just wanted to let you know that virt-p2v is really awesome, I had been looking tool to do just this. Sorry if contacting you directly is not the correct way to do this, but I could only find you email address in the readme file.

It appears that currently it cannot properly handle machines running on linux software raid. The disks appear only as /dev/* partitions, and running virt-p2v on them fails during the snapshot operation, probably because the partitions are type mdraid. However even when the partition is change to 83, it still acts really weird. Looking through virt-p2v it appears that it can only handle regular partitions and lvm. I was just curious if you had thought of adding support for md devices, otherwise I might try to do it myself.

Any help is always welcome.

Out of interest, which version are you using?

Is your root directory RAIDed too?

For general problems, the right mailing list to use is:

Rich.