Re: cobbler: import of x86_64 repo creates i386 distro

Eugene Ventimiglia wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't be doing import at all, or doing a lot more
configuration; I tried what you said, and then ran import with the
RH4-i386 source and one distro over-wrote the other.

Yeah, it's probably because your local copy has some things named differently than Cobbler would normally expect.
It expects to see x86/ or x86_64 actually in a path segment.

The names will likely be weird, but if you do the following, you can import both arches in one swoop and then rename the one that gets set
to the wrong arch.

cobbler import --name=RHEL4 --path=/mnt/os-install/exported/media/Linux

That assumes they are both under the same parent.

--Michael