Re: Problems adding/removing profiles/systems

Looks like you've had a fun week.   :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "adding systems using variables".

Anyhow, it looks like you've added some junk to your cobbler data files somehow, and now they aren't formatted correctly. I'm not sure if you hand edited them or just managed to trick the CLI into adding things to them, but the easiest way to fix things is...

rm /var/lib/cobbler/distros
rm /var/lib/cobbler/profiles
rm /var/lib/cobbler/systems
rm /var/lib/cobbler/repos

This will erase your current cobbler configuration and allow you to start over. You might want to consider keeping backups of /var/lib/cobbler.

If you think this is something you've managed to do with the CLI and not by hand-editing the files, you may want to send me a copy of those files off list and maybe I can figure out what happened to them.

Hi Michael

Yes - end of last week was interesting for sure!! Thanks for the many replies that you sent. To cut a long story short i have pretty much got things going now so that i can do something along the lines of a

# ./buildbox.sh 00:0C:29:71:D7:4D 192.168.10.25 getting-there 192.168.10.1 CentOS-4.5-i386

on the cobbler box and this will do its magic on the target machines - So builds, and rebuilds using koan, are so far working great.

I am not sure how i managed to get something into the cobbler config but it was not hand generated as such, i definately introduced it using the cobbler system add command however it was part of the --ksmeta that caused it grief. In the end i hand edited /var/lib/cobbler/systems and figured out the broken bit enough to be able to remove the system cleanly.

I am still getting to grips but i have the system running and the gui functional and so far so good -

thanks again

tom