Re: Repo Mirroring & Fedora 8 Import

C. Daniel Chase wrote:
I've recently learned that the latest Fedora 8 online repo contains more
files than are included on the DVD I used for import.

That's right, updates aren't on the DVD...

While I have the
Fedora-Updates repository mirrored, the extra files that are included in
the original distro, that have not had updates, are not available in
either location.

Looks like you need to attach the repo to the profile...

cobbler profile edit --name=foo --repos="f8updates repo2 repo3 etc"

Anyone have a better solution? I suppose I could rsync the files, but
the related cache, etc won't be properly updated. Though, I suppose the
files would all there.

See above.
-Dan

PS--I'm fine tuning a patch to give better output for use in using
reposync in batch mode. Requires a coordinated update to Yum as well.

Updated yum? Cobbler needs to require stock versions as available in each of the distros.
Can you explain more about what this does?