Cobbler WebUI and Multiple NICs (checked in)

Web UI update...

So, the Cobbler/koan 0.6.3 as a release is looking like it will address primarily Web UI features (and of course multiple NICs). Future releases will not be so Web-UI centric, so if you aren't seeing your favorite RFE's committed ... they'll be coming soon enough.

For those interested in the WebUI, however, I've committed some newness that should be useful and interesting.

Namely, multiple NIC editing is now in the Web UI (thanks to Máirín Duffy for lots of DHTML help) and should make infinitely more sense than trying to pass dozens of arguments on the command line to configure 4 or 8 different NICs. Each NIC is shown seperately and can be expanded/collapsed as needed. There's also a button to remove an interface if you've added one too many. You can also edit virtual bridge settings for each NIC and get to the virtual CPU setting.

A couple of other features I'd like to get into this release are pagination for the "list" pages, which should help for when there are an extremely large number of systems (as in thousands) in the Cobbler DB. Database-backing (or something faster than YAML) as an option will probably come in a later release as all of the above changes are enough for now. As an aside, someone has also asked for "cobbler sync" to get triggers (just like the "add" and "remove" commands -- https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/cobbler/wiki/CobblerTriggers ) and I'm planning on including this in 0.6.3 as well. This means that we'll move service restarts (DHCP, ISC) out into triggers, ship those triggers by default, and make configuration settings for whether or not they should be run. This is the beginning of making the sync code more abstracted and the core a bit lighter weight. Admins can then be able to write their own hooks, such as using the cobbler interface to manage DHCP files which are then rsync'd and applied to a remote system -- seperating cobbler and the DHCP server, or possibly using cobbler to configure multiple DHCP servers (we'll see where this goes).

If you're interested in the WebUI, everything has been uploaded to git, and installation instructions haven't changed. Feedback welcome!

As I've said before, the Web UI is all generated from Cheetah templates, so if folks are interested in improving it, you shouldn't find it all that different than editing kickstarts :)

--Michael