Re: [Re: Cobbler query (and now Xen too)]

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Chris Sarginson wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:

I'll push it everywhere.    Should be in git sometime next week.

Thanking you again - would it be possible to get a virt-mac option for Koan? I could do with being able to tell the Virtual Server what its mac is as part of some automation I have built for our stuff.

I think so. However, the current bug that doesn't honor the mac unless it's also in $name needs to be fixed and will be for the next release.

So the following:

cobbler system add --name=foo --mac=AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF --profile=xyz

Is supposed to do that...

Do you have a need to be able to do it client side? It's not hard to add, just trying to understand things :)

Yeah, basically the the virtual server will boot and do the install, and during the install a custom perl script is run, which based on the servers MAC address pulls details from a database and sets them on the server. Kludgey, but pretty effective :)

Are you saying however that I could create a system in cobbler that will tell koan what the MAC address is meant to be and set it appropriately? I would have to look into it, but that may be a viable option, but having the ability to do it through koan is probably the best way tbh :)

Chris

Are you actually on holiday and working btw Michael? If so, even more thanks are in order.

No thanks needed. Computers are just up there with eating, sleeping and breathing and all that :)

So true :)

Chris

Kind regards

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545

"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" ISPA Awards 2007, 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester, M1 4BT
Registered in England. Number 384 5616