Re: Cobbler and existing extra repos

Matthias Saou wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Cobbler and a single kickstart file for both my EL5 i386 and
EL5 x86_64 profiles. Now I've got the following problem : I'd like to
include a "repo=" line in order to have anaconda use all of the
available updates instead of having to run an update right after
installation.
Certaintly...
I already have a yum repository of the updates on my LAN, so I don't
want Cobbler to mirror anything. I just want it to add the repositories
I give it through $yum_repo_stanza.

Why don't I simply add the repo= line myself in the kickstart?
Because anaconda doesn't replace the $basearch, and I want to share the
same kickstart for i386 and x86_64.

You can use kickstart templating with an #if statement based on $arch which is settable
in each distro object.

Another solution would be for Cobbler to expose the basearch so that it
can be used as $basearch in the kickstart and get replaced by the
cheetah parsing. Currently I only see $arch in the Wiki, but it expands
to "x86" and not "i386".

Yep. All you need is an if statement as these mean the same thing.

Matthias