Re: virt-factory 0.0.4 released

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On 9/6/07, Adrian Likins <alikins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Virt-factory 0.0.4 has been released.

Virt-Factory is a set of applications for managing a very large number
of virtual machines such as might be found in data centers or compute
farms. The goal of the project is to determine new and efficient ways to
control these large environments.

Changes include:

     * Use busrpc(AMQP) to communicate with nodes

For now, F7 is required (AMQP being the main reason)

So this will be more of a RHEL-6 possible product than an EL-5 one? I
am just working out which items I can experiment with here

For the next release we are going to be looking harder at supporting other distros as an install base -- RHEL-5 is pretty much that other OS -- this means EL5 RPMs, AMQP, and much easier ways to add new distros to the Virt-Factory DB over time. For the most part, we expect AMQP to be available for those distros soon enough -- It's already in Fedora, so that's why we are using F-7 now.

There aren't any other pieces that are really keeping us from doing RHEL5 soon, at least in the area of Xen support.

--Michael