Re: Cobbler version

Debbie Mazurek wrote:
I asked about this last night, and EPEL hasn't done a push yet. Once that happens, 0.6.0 will be in both EL 4 and EL 5. Rebuilding the source RPM should be fine, though you'll likely have to find a few dependencies -- which you can
get from EPEL.

Sidenote: I believe EPEL-4 is still waiting for the inclusion of yum and yum-utils in EPEL4 (ETA: soon), so cobbler won't move into EL 4 "non-testing" until yum-utils is part of EL4. Cobbler requires yum-utils as a dependency
for the repo management features.   This isn't an issue for EL5.

OK, thanks for the info. This is for EL4.
I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out the deps for cheetah,
but that for sure is not a cobbler problem.

python-cheetah should also be in EPEL. So if you add the yum repository and install that from yum, life should be in good. If not, I'd be interested in what's not good -- that would be a bug in Cheetah for EPEL.

What Matt said also works.

Also, is there a minimum or specific version of yum and yum-utils that
cobbler-0.6 needs?  I didn't see anything in cobbler's spec file.

Not really. For RHEL the versions out of Centos are good -- and we'll have those in EPEL soon enough.