changing webdir and ks config file locations in 0.6.0

Hi,

I'm new to this list and just started working to replace our current RHEL3 provisioning system with cobbler on RHEL5. So far so good. :)

I need a sanity check, though: I wanted to change the default file locations for the webdir and kickstart config files ( currently /var/www/cobbler and /etc/cobbler/*) during the RPM install and found myself making so many changes to the source code files that I ended up requiring a patch for the RPM and lots of edits to cobbler.spec. Getting the webdir filepath changed required me to edit these files:

setup.py
config/cobbler.conf
scripts/findks.cgi
scripts/nopxe.cgi
cobbler/settings.py

I couldn't find a way to move just the kickstart files elsewhere without impacting the entire cobbler etcpath.

Did I over complicate this or is this what is required at this time?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Tom Georgoulias