Re: Cobbler 0.5.1 testing release -- KVM, --virt-path, other bits...

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Today I ported cobbler's qemu/kvm support to use the virtinst library. This means that qemu/kvm guests created by koan now show up in virt-manager and virsh as one would expect. Testing of 0.5.1 is much appreciated and will help get 0.6.0 (stable) pushed out faster. I do not have any more features in mind for 0.6.0 at this point -- RFEs can go into a later release as this one is already pretty big for containing profile inheritance, an improved cobblerd. For the previous test release announcement, see http://www.redhat.com/archives/et-mgmt-tools/2007-June/msg00211.html

Source RPMs are available at:

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/

As there hasn't been too much noise on the 0.5.0 release for cobbler/koan and other features, I'm assuming that it is fairly solid, so the main new things here are QEMU and some new --virt options. The koan manpage has also been greatly lengthened to mention the live CD and new display commands -- so eyes on that are welcome as well.
Xen installation has not changed much.

Should no major issues come up, this will be pretty close to what you'll see in 0.6.0.

While also not technically part of this release, testing on the koan live installation CD (it's a way to install baremetal without needing a PXE server), and reports of what hardware it does/doesn't work with -- are also welcome. This was described in a previous list email, but is also included in the new koan manpage for convience.

Thanks!

--Michael

If anyone is testing these files, I've updated the koan RPM's to take care of a few bugs -- or you can just build from the source checkout.

Thanks!

--Michael