Re: Where is the Configuration File?

Hugh Brock wrote:
Steve Brueckner wrote:
Hugh Brock wrote:
With xen 3.1, config information for guests is no longer in /etc/xen,
nor is it modifiable by editing a config file. XenSource decided it
was better to hide the config information. Virt-manager gets information about active and inactive guests by
querying libvirt for them. libvirt then turns around and asks xend,
or whatever hypervisor you are using, for the information and returns
it. for You can do the same thing from the command line with "virsh
dumpxml <guest>". --Hugh

What is the new "Xen way" of creating VMs? That is, without using virt-manager, how do they recommend users do things? Their user
manual is still stuck at version 3.0.

Steve Brueckner, ATC-NY

Hi.

Well, if you don't want to do "virsh define <domain.xml>" to define a guest, you can now do much the same thing with xm. "xm help" seems to be the best documentation for the 3.1 features.

--Hugh

>> What is the new "Xen way" of creating VMs? That is, without using virt-manager, how do they recommend users do things? I'm not sure what prompted the question, but if you're looking for a good command line way of creating virtual machines, for paravirt, koan does this.

See http://cobbler.et.redhat.com

There's also virt-install, which also works

Neither of those do parameter tweaking for post-install changes, so using virsh there is the way to go.
--Michael