Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler, Cheetah and scripts in KS files

Aaron Lippold wrote:
Hi All,

I am having issues with cobbler and importing a ks file of mine. All
is well with the simple parts of the %post section, but when I get to
a bit of scripting, the Cheetah parser complains at '" \/home "
${FSTAB} ' etc.

How can I escape this section or something?

Thanks,

Aaron

Dollar signs need to be escaped with \$ since Cheetah is viewing the shell invocations as Cheetah code.

This is not true of something like $foosball, where it will just say as "$foosball" if there is no key, but for something like ${foosball}, then yes, it must be escaped.

Unfortunate, I agree. If anyone has any suggestions on better templating libraries that don't require something heinous like Kid's XML, I'm all ears. Templating systems all appear to have their ups and downs, which is apparently why everyone seems to write their own. That's an option too, but I'm trying to not go there :)

--Michael