Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Creating new VM, 404 install iso cannot be found

Richard Shaw wrote:
Hi,

When creating a new VM under Virtual Machine Manager 0.2.6 I'm getting this error

Guest Install Error
ERROR Invalid URL location given :[Errno 14]
HTTP Error 404: Not Found

The path i'm pointing it to is http://localhost/iso/2003.iso
Apache is configured correctly
Perms are correct
I can browse to that url through firefox correctly
I can wget the file

The wizard just refuses to access it. I can't see what i've missed, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Richard

It looks like you're trying to install a paravirt guest from an iso image. Unfortunately this won't work -- for paravirt guests, you need to point the installer to a yum repository that has the paravirt kernel and initrd in the place the installer expects.

If you're trying to install a fully virt guest, you need to either use the CD, or select the ISO from a readable filesystem.

If you can provide more details, we may be able to help more...

--Hugh

--
Red Hat Virtualization Group http://redhat.com/virtualization
Hugh Brock           | virt-manager http://virt-manager.org