Re: [et-mgmt-tools] koan --virt error

Hennessey Daniel wrote:
Michael,

Maybe I should just tell you the symptoms and let you tell me what the
problem is.

>From virt-manager I can access the the two guests that I installed
through virt-install with a nice terminal that works perfectly. These
are both in run level 3 (no X). The ones that I created using koan I
have to use the serial console option from virt-manager which is painful
to use.

The line that I have to comment out in the kickstart file for koan is:

"xconfig --driver "fbdev" --resolution 800x600 --depth 24"

So I assume that for the non-koan installed guests, we are using the
frame buffer console (which is v nice).
I know that I am not being unix hardcore by eschewing the serial option
and it is only a cosmetic thing but if it could be sorted I would be a
very happy hacker.

Cheers

Dan

Basically virt-install allows creation of "graphics" settings for the virt guests, though koan isn't creating any at the moment, assuming you'll only be using xm console and SSH.

I can get your VNC added to koan, not a problem... though it will require a small software
change in koan (work pending) to do it.