Re: [et-mgmt-tools] connecting to remote hosts?

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 02:01:02PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Is it possible to connect to remote hosts with virt-manager?

As I checked with 0.3.1, it was not possible.

Perhaps it's possible in 0.4.0 which was released a few days ago?

Unfortunately its not available yet. We're working on secure support
for it in libvirt.

Any estimates when will that be available (two weeks... two months... a year etc.)?

If not, is it possible with some sort of redirection (SSH redirection, or perhaps iptables + routing changes)?

Ordinarily virt-manager connects to /var/lib/xend/xend-socket, and I
don't think SSH can forward UNIX sockets easily. Turning on the HTTP
socket in XenD is one option, but its a security hole because XenD

All right - just to check how it works would be fine.

virt-manager has quite a big list of dependencies to install it easily from sources on a server (which you don't want to turn into a development machine).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org