Xen and Fully Automatic Kickstarts (Was: [et-mgmt-tools] More Cobbler, Koan and Xen questions)

Tim Foreman asked yesterday kickstarts appear to not be used with Xen and "koan --virt". I found something today that might help explain that problem.

Usually I use IP addresses in /var/lib/cobbler/settings, but today I was testing Xen and using FQDNs.

I am not entirely sure if this helps in Tim's case, but at least on my system, if I use hostnames in /var/lib/cobbler/settings for the server parameter, Xen will not retrieve the kickstart -- however if I use an IP, it does, and it's fully automatic. (This is on FC6).

So, if you have hostnames in /var/lib/cobbler/settings, changing those values to IPs and then running "sync" may help with Xen kickstart issues.

--Michael