Re: [et-mgmt-tools] More Cobbler, Koan and Xen questions

Is anyone sucessfully using Koan and Cobbler to kickstart Xen
guests?

I haven't tried RHEL4U5 myself ... John Sanabria was using koan for virt a while back. I'm not sure what platform.

It might be interesting to see what you get for "virsh list" and "virt dumpxml N" where N is 0 up to the number of virtual machines you have installed. (You may have to install virsh). Also I would be interested in seeing the tree of /var/lib/koan. It's hard to tell from the above description, but it could be that you have a lot of paused/crashed domains that are causing problems for whatever reason. I certaintly don't have any reason as to why some machines would go interactive when others don't, especially during install -- I wouldn't think ram consumption would play a role there.

I'm about to put some heavy testing on koan's virt management support for something I'm working on at the moment, so hopefully I can provide some more insight there as well. My apologies on not being more helpful with remote debugging!

--
Timothy W. Foreman ~ Security Administrator ~ tforeman@xxxxxxxxx
(651) 365-4181     ~ Internet Broadcasting  ~ www.ibsys.com