Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Adding a distribution - where do I put the files?

First off, I do have to thank Dave a lot for making Cobbler posts on his site. Cobbler has changed just a little bit those original articles are written, and you should probably be looking at the latest manpage -- http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/cobbler.html

The long-output command that generates what's on Dave's site is now "cobbler report", and "cobbler list" has been abbreviated to make it more usable. That's why the output looks different.
Distros:
var_www_cobbler_kickstarts_Fedora6_images_pxeboot
var_www_cobbler_kickstarts_Fedora6_images_xen
Repos:
Profiles:
var_www_cobbler_kickstarts_Fedora6_images_pxeboot
var_www_cobbler_kickstarts_Fedora6_images_xen
Systems:
This actually looks fine, as it shows cobbler has imported 2 distros and made a profile for each of them. That's good.

Let me retract that. That means import worked, though the directory you copied files to will likely be destroyed by cobbler, since that's a directory cobbler uses for it's own purposes. If you had importanted into another directory, like, say, /opt/kickstarts, you'd be a lot better off. Again, the rsync:// import works very well and is a good way to go.

Just run "cobbler profile remove --name=x" for each of the profiles above, and then do the same for the distros, and you can start over. The import worked, that's just not a good place to put those files (it would be about as safe as putting them in /tmp).

--Michael