Re: [et-mgmt-tools] cobbler import --mirror error

James Fidell wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:

Is there a chance you have a different version of createrepo installed
that when run with the arguments listed above, produces an error?  I'm
willing to make tweaks to the code to get the arguments correct for
Centos 4.X builds, if you could point me to what those correct arguments
need to be.   Doesn't seem like it could be too different.

Looks like I'm running the same version as you:

# createrepo -V
0.4.3

If you can run the createrepo command manually with the above URL, I'd
be interested to know the output (that, and to get the version number)...

# ls -l /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 853899 Oct 18 01:27
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml

# createrepo --groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os
Error: groupfile
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os/repodata/comps.xml cannot
be found.

etc.

I've just noticed this in the createrepo manpage though:

EXAMPLES
       Here  is  an example of a repository with a groups file. Note
that the
       groups file should be in the same directory as the rpm packages
(i.e.
       /path/to/rpms/comps.xml).

       createrepo -g comps.xml /path/to/rpms

# createrepo --groupfile comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os

still failed, but

# createrepo --groupfile repodata/comps.xml
/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/fedoracore6/i386/os

Seems to work fine for me.  I don't understand why what is apparently
the same version of createrepo should work differently for us unless
something is actually different between the centos release and whichever
one you're using.

James