Re: [et-mgmt-tools] cobbler repo add --local-file parameter

James Fidell wrote:
My kickstart files are getting created with entries lilke this:

%post
wget
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/cobbler_track/repo_mirror/fedoracore6-updates/config.repo
--output-document=/etc/yum.repos.d/.repo

(note the name of the output document).
Yeah, this is broken :)

What I should do is just not fill in a wget line to create the repo file if you don't specify --local-filename to the "repo add" command.

Good catch!   I'll fix this for 0.4.0 (out next week).
My python is fairly weak, but it looks like what comes before ".repo"
should be given with the --local-file parameter to "cobbler repo add".
So I tried it:

  # cobbler repo add
--mirror=rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
--name=fedoracore6-updates --local-file=local-updates
  this command doesn't take a parameter named '--local-file'
  # cobbler --help | grep 'repo add'
cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=rsync://<address>
[--local-file=name]
cobbler repo add --name=<string> --mirror=user@address:/path
[--local-file=name]

What am I missing here?

The manpage also suggests that if --local-file is missing then the repo
won't be added to /etc/yum.repos.d, but from the above excerpt of the
kickstart file, that doesn't appear to be the case.
It's a bug in the manpage. It's "--local-filename" apparently. I'll fix the docs here too.
And whilst on the subject, the manpage doesn't mention anything about
creating the config.repo file.  I'm assuming that's something I have to
do manually after syncing the repository.  Correct?
Yep, this is what --local-filename is intended to do. It makes sure the kickstart creates the config.repo file (in this case, local-updates.repo) in /etc/yum/repos.d on the newly provisioned target system. You are actually the first user of this feature (repo mirroring) that I've heard of, other than myself, so I greatly appreciate your helping to work out the kinks in this. Thanks!

(Centos 4.4 + cobbler-0.3.9-1 built from the src.rpm, if that's
relevant.)

James