Re: [et-mgmt-tools] multi-os howto?

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
Top posting, oops, and i just read the other thread.. "Cobbler idea: PXE boot profile menu".

What we do is more/less detailed here if you want a link:
http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu_pxe_install_server

- dhawal

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
Hello Michael and List,

i recently started testing cobbler for my setup and quite like the ease
of provisioning.

Here is what i have done so far..
cobbler distro add --name=rhel4 --kernel=/path/to/vmlinuz
--initrd=/path/to/initrd.img

cobbler profile add --name=rhel4_ni --distro=rhel4
--kickstart=http://192.168.1.5/ks.cfg

cobbler profile add --name=rhel4_interactive --distro=rhel4
--kickstart=http://192.168.1.5/ks_custom_part.cfg
same for centos

However each of these creates a /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/distro and not
/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default. In the production setup i have the
'default' file being updated manually with different labels to support
multiple OSes.. and a Display file to present the options at the boot:
prompt.

My question is how do it do this using cobbler?

- dhawal