Re: [et-mgmt-tools] [Cobbler 0.3.6] mod_python piece of kickstart tracking busted for RHEL4U4, RHEL/Centos users please read.

Michael DeHaan wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
Hi folks,

As I've just recently found out during testing, the kickstart tracking in 0.3.6 apparently is incompatible with the Apache in RHEL4 U4.

This is now fixed, and I've already uploaded 0.3.8 to et.redhat.com and pushed it out to the mirrors. If you have 0.3.6 installed on RHEL4 or Centos 4, just delete "/etc/httpd/conf.d/cobbler.conf" and re-run "cobbler sync" after the upgrade, and cobbler will take care of it. Hopefully no one is too confused, if so, ask me. Also, everyone will probably want to run a "cobbler sync" after the upgrade to get the new syslog parameters added to the install kernels automatically. This will allow finer grained results from kickstart tracking, which is definitely a Good Thing (TM). If you don't sync, nothing bad will happen, but you just won't get the improved kickstart tracking/logging until you do.

--Michael