[et-mgmt-tools] [Cobbler] more on kickstart tracking...

Hi folks,

I've added some new code (and pushed the source, so get it now if you like) that does some new things with kickstart tracking, which was the major new feature in 0.3.6. Basically, I'm now saving all of the Anaconda installer activity on the remotes, so it can be viewed on the cobbler server.

There is now a very small logging daemon installed (cobbler_syslogd) that keeps track of remote syslog information from provisioning machines. We log this to /var/log/cobbler/syslog/$ip, and the the file requests are logged to /var/log/cobbler/kicklog/$ip. The logging daemon is set up automatically by the RPM, and you can disable it using chkconfig if you decide you don't want it for whatever reason. In order to to take advantage of the existing feature with your existing setup, all you have to do is run "cobbler sync" once and everything will be updated automatically.

Foremost, this gives one a bit better ability to diagnose failing kickstarts, because the syslog information is available remotely. Furthermoe, "cobbler status" uses data from both locations now, so it's a lot more accurate. One can see the last time any remote activity occurred, so that it is easier to detect stalled kickstarts.
Anyhow, check it out, and I'll probably release this later this week...

--Michael