[et-mgmt-tools] Old Stuff Needs To Work Too: Lilo compatibility / Koan and RHEL3

Two things:

===

One.

Koan had some lilo support before, though I've discovered a few things about it recently, and they are now fixed in mercurial.

So, if you were playing with koan before (either via "cobbler enchant/transmogrify" or directly ("koan --replace-self") and had systems using lilo, they will be a lot happier now. Changes are available in hg and will probably be pushed out to Fedora sometime next week. (Cobbler 0.3.4, Koan 0.2.5)

Lilo changes:

(1) Before, one had to run lilo manually after running koan to apply the config. Koan now does this automagically if lilo is being used as the bootloader.

(2) It turns out that Lilo can't deal with multiple boot images having the same display value (ex: "kickstart" and "kickstart"), so if you run koan multiple times by accident, you're out of luck. Now they are labelled as "kick%s" where %s is the number of seconds since epoch (Jan 1, 1970). I had limited space to work with :)

(3) while koan would correctly modify the lilo or grub config based on what was installed, it got confused if both grub and lilo were installed, and would only edit grub, even if lilo was the active bootloader. It now probes to see which bootloader is active and modifies the correct one.

===

Two.

The other thing I'm going to be doing shortly is making koan compilable with RHEL3 -- some users don't have PXE setups (cobbler can provision RHEL3 via PXE fine), and currently koan and "enchant" won't work for them there. So, when this gets done, Cobbler will support RHEL4+, derivatives, and FC5+ -- and koan will support all of that with the addition of RHEL 3. Obviously, no virtualization support on RHEL 3...

--Michael