Re: [et-mgmt-tools] Greetings

2006/11/9, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Demetri,

2006/11/9, Demetri Mouratis <dmourati@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for cobbler.  I'm just getting started using it on CentOS 4.4
> supporting CentOS and Yum repositories.  I had a bit of pain getting
> pyton24 going correctly.  Any suggestions for a python 2.4 dependency
> resolver for CentOS 4.4?

It IS hard, but it works.
I did a lot of googling and the viable via is to update to python24 (breaking yum for good) and then rebuild yum from source into the new python install.
The easier resolution (for me) was to modify the python symlink by a wrapper script around cobbler.
the python vault alternatives module supports the same, but seemed rather useless to me :(

Florian

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'

--
'Sie brauchen sich um Ihre Zukunft keine Gedanken zu machen'