Re: What to do about an incompatible update I approved

Thanks, Troy.  I will send a message to epel-announce.

I looked through the last couple of years of epel-announce archives and
don't see similar messages.  I have a hard time imagining that somewhat
incompatible changes aren't happening to other packages too, so it seems
that such announcements aren't usually sent.

With regard to golang, they usually have some small incompatibilities
every minor upgrade.  They do a new minor upgrade every 6 months, they
only support security updates for 2 minor release lines at a time, and
they have frequent CVEs, so the only viable option is to keep upgrading
the minor version number once or twice a year.  There is a golang
fedoraproject.org mailing list.  Maybe it's enough to announce minor
release upgrades there instead of epel-announce.

Dave