Re: Django stable RPMs

On 8 November 2016 at 10:31, Brian Bouterse <bbouters@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I believe the future of Django in EPEL is a topic that is being discussed on
> the EPSCO meetings last week and this week (18:00 UTC on Wednesdays in
> #fedora-meeting, iirc).
>
> I'm hoping that even if a newer, 1.8 based Django package is added to EPEL6,
> that the existing one named Django14 can be kept for legacy usage. The
> Django14 package having that unconventional name would allow a new package
> to use the more conventional python-django name which is convenient.

I believe the current problems are with the python supported. The path
being discussed in the meetings was to move python34-django18 and
similar versioning for EL6. This may mean problems for source code
that is python2x based but unless someone is willing to help work on
python27 rpms for EL6, any django after 1.4 is not supported ( I
believe and could be wrong).

Stephen J Smoogen.