Re: Help with pk11install

Robert Relyea wrote:
David Mueller wrote:
I've looked around and haven't seen much documentation on pk11install.

I'm working on building a Mac OS X Installer package for Coolkey, using the pre-built binaries available on the BuildCoolKey wiki page. I so far have the module installing fine into /Library/CoolKey (I figure it's a bit more user friendly to put it there rather than somewhere like /usr/local/CoolKey), and I can manually add the module into Firefox and it works. But I'd like to have it automatically install itself into Firefox/Thunderbird, and it seems like I should be able to use pk11install to do it, but when I try it manually first to see how it works, I get an error:

$ /Library/CoolKey/bin/pk11install -v /Library/CoolKey/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.dylib Install "/Library/CoolKey/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.dylib" in /Users/david/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/erf9dvyv.default/ : Fail
Hmm, not a very useful error message.

the module in pk11install is a module spec. (pk11install -v 'library=/Lib/coolkey/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.dylib name='CoolKey'") \
Arg... the first ' should be a " ...

pk11install -v "library=/Lib/coolkey/lib/pkcs11/libcoolkeypk11.dylib name='CoolKey'"

bob

I'm not sure this will fix your problem.

module spec documentation can be found at http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/PKCS11_Module_Specs

bob
I also tried running it with sudo and got the same result.

The two things that come to mind as I'm typing this that could be issues is something wrong with the pre-built version and perhaps I should try building it myself, or the issue could be that I'm running Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.2). Any thoughts?

modutil doesn't seem to be available on Mac OS X unless it's part of a third party package that would also need to be installed.

- David