From: "Robert Relyea"
To: "David Mueller"
Subject: Re:  Coolkey and Adobe Reader
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:43:00 -0700

David Mueller wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get Coolkey to load in Adobe Reader?  The
> goal is to be able to use the certs on a smart card to sign PDFs.
>  I have tried Coolkey 1.1.0 Adobe Reader 7.0.9 on Gentoo, Fedora
> Core 5, and openSUSE 10.2, and with Adobe Reader 8.0.0 on Mac OS
> X.
>
> On all of the cases, I get an error message "Could not load the
> PKCS#11 module".  On the Linux systems, it also states "Unknown
> error" and "Error Code: 570425392".

If you set the following environment variable, Coolkey will create a log file:
COOL_KEY_LOG_FILE

If you set the environment variable to SYSLOG, coolkey will log to
the syslog, otherwise coolkey will take the value as a path and try
to open a log file with that path.

You can at least see if adobe is successfully loading and calling coolkey.

bob
> On openSUSE, I also tried loading the opensc-pkcs11.so module
> that is included with the default openSUSE install and got the
> same error, so it may be an issue with Adobe Reader rather than
> with Coolkey, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had gotten
> it to work.
>
> I was able to get Adobe Reader 8 to work with smart cards on
> Windows XP, but those systems are using ActivClient, not Coolkey.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Mueller
>
> =
> Search for products and services at: http://search.mail.com