Coolkey and Adobe Reader

Has anyone been able to get Coolkey to load in Adobe Reader?  The goal is to be able to use the certs on a smart card to sign PDFs.  I have tried Coolkey 1.1.0 Adobe Reader 7.0.9 on Gentoo, Fedora Core 5, and openSUSE 10.2, and with Adobe Reader 8.0.0 on Mac OS X.

On all of the cases, I get an error message "Could not load the PKCS#11 module".  On the Linux systems, it also states "Unknown error" and "Error Code: 570425392".

On openSUSE, I also tried loading the opensc-pkcs11.so module that is included with the default openSUSE install and got the same error, so it may be an issue with Adobe Reader rather than with Coolkey, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had gotten it to work.

I was able to get Adobe Reader 8 to work with smart cards on Windows XP, but those systems are using ActivClient, not Coolkey.

Thanks,

David Mueller

=
Search for products and services at: