RE: Compaq DL360 G2 TG3 Duplex Issue

	The 2924 is a Cisco switch. Since we have had problems in the past with the switch and servers negotiating the wrong speeds we have gone to forcing both of them to 100 full duplex. So I would like to be able to force the tg3 nics in the Compaq DL360 to full duplex on boot.
	Here is the output from lspci -v

01:05.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5701 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 15)
        Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation NC7780 Gigabit Server Adapter (embedded, WOL)
        Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
        Memory at f7fb0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [40] PCI-X non-bridge device.
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/3 Enable-

	The odd thing is I am forcing the switch to full duplex and when I reboot the server it still comes up in half duplex mode?
	Here is the output from modinfo tg3

filename:    /lib/modules/2.4.20-9/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.o
author:      "David S. Miller (davem@xxxxxxxxxx) and Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx)"
license:     "GPL"
parm:        tg3_debug int, description "Tigon3 bitmapped debugging message enable value"

	I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else you need.

Eric Gunnett
System Administrator
Zoovy, Inc.
eric@xxxxxxxxx

>>> niran@xxxxxxxxxxxx 05/08/03 01:50PM >>>
Can you tell me which Broadcom adapters do you have?  Why are you
forcing speed and duplex? If you force on the NIC side you must force on
the switch side, otherwise you would get duplex mismatch. What kind of
switch is 2924? What version of bcm5700 driver are you using?