Re: Redhat tg3 settings

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:31:09PM -0000, John Horne wrote:
> switch to be set. I want to run the card at 100Mbps/full - so how can I set
> full duplex?

ethtool

>I've tried using 'ethtool', which sets the duplex, but once the
> server reboots the nic goes back to half duplex - probably due to
> autonegotiation, which also seems to default to being on.

postâ??instaltg3 ethtool <whatever>
in /etc/modules.conf

but if autonegotiation yields half duplex, there probably is a
reason for that, overriding it is usually a bad idea.

> Slightly OT: how does the operating system 'decide' which module to use for

Red Hat performs testing on both drivers and selects the
best achieving and best maintainable driver to be the default

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Linux Wireless]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]