Fwd: Rawhide Beta Everything.iso and other ISOs -- btrfs -- serious issue

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Från: Leslie Satenstein via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: mån 5 feb. 2024 kl 17:23
Subject: Rawhide Beta Everything.iso and other ISOs -- btrfs -- serious issue
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Leslie Satenstein <satensteinl@xxxxxxxxx>

I am not registered as an official test person. But I have been using
Fedora for the past 20 years.

I have been doing some tests with  KDE,Gnome,xfce (all Fedora Rawhide distros).

With the Everything.iso, here is an example of a problem

I have a previous kde/gnome/kde installation that has pre-existing
btrfs  / (eg root).
The installation scripts have a checkmark indicated for reformat and I
choose that for / which is, an existing btrfs that I wish to
overwrite.
There is no checkmark or option for delete/recreate of a btrfs partition.

With the installation scripts I tested, the new anaconda balks and
will not allow reformat of any previously used existing btrfs
formatted partition.
With the Everything.iso, there is no way to excape to root, in order
to perform a delete.

This shortcoming in the anaconda script means that I must exit the
installation, use my existing Fedora 39 to delete the btrfs partition,
and then try again.

By the way, Fedora 39 Everything.iso has the delete partition (btrfs ) option

Do you want me to use bugzilla to post the above?  Better still if you
format this email to the developer of the new anaconda interface.

Leslie Satenstein
PS. Existing (Fedora 39 and earlier ) anaconda works perfectly.

Do not reply to spam, report it: