Re: btrfs mkfs options for root filesystem?

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 10:21 AM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wanted to use `--csum xxhash` to create the btrfs filesystem on the system
> I just installed. Unfortunately, this proves to be impossible, since
> Anaconda requires that / be formatted by Anaconda. It's a small performance
> win (33% faster) but also twice the bits for a much smaller collision risk.
>
> Is there a way to select or force the options used for btrfs?

Anaconda requires a new subvolume for / but doesn't require a
reformat. The Custom UI shows the / mountpoint's reformat checkbox
grayed out and checked, which might give the impression that whole
partition will be reformatted. It's confusing but just a cosmetic UI
anomaly.

There is a way to do this with kickstart, btrfs --mkfsoptions
https://pykickstart.readthedocs.io/en/latest/kickstart-docs.html#btrfs

--
Chris Murphy