Re: Anaconda add-on on RHEL 6

On Wed, 2020-11-18 at 16:19 +0800, edsionte wrote:
HI all,

I have successfully tested my add-on program on CentOS 7.4.
I found that add-on is not supported on centos 6.x. So, is there any way to add a new page on centos 6.x?
IIRC the Anaconda addon support addin in RHEL 7 was created as a response to user/customer request to provide an API
for extending in Anaconda, as there was nothing like that in RHEL <=6.

So I'm afraid this is not possible to extend the installer in RHEL 6, short of directly changing the code of the installer itself
to display the options you need.

There might be a possibility if you wanted to show the screen on the first boot of the system - in RHEL 6 there is the
Firstboot tool, that is run on first boot of the installed system (provided it's package is installed) and that can host
arbitrary plugins addin new screens (IIRC on RHEL6 it has the RHSM and KDUMP screens, provided by Firstboot plugins).

More about Firstboot & Firstboot plugins here:

Firstboot is technically also available in RHEL/CentOS 7, but marked as deprecated. Firstboot is not longer available
in RHEL 8, being replaced by Initial Setup in the first-boot configuration role. Initial Setup was introduced in RHEL/CentOS 7.

Thanks.
edison