Anaconda modularization, install classes and addons

Hello,

We would like to announce that we are moving forward with modularizing
Anaconda, which is a separate effort from the overall Fedora
modularization work. We have been talking about it for the last year,
the general concept was introduced at [1] and now it is time to start
with the implementation.

What is Anaconda modularization?

Anaconda will be split into several modules that will communicate over
DBus. The goal is to introduce a stable way to interact with Anaconda
to support its customization, extensibility and testability. It will
be easier to monitor the installation, maintain an install class or an
addon, drop some modules or provide your own UI.

Will it affect your work? Let us know!

If you maintain an Anaconda extension (install class, addon), please
let us know. This is especially important if you depend on the latest
Anaconda (rawhide, master branch). First, we would like to know how
you use Anaconda in your extension. Second, we can help you keep your
extension functional over the following months. Third, we can help you
with the transition to the new Anaconda once it is stable and ready.

Want to know more?

You can follow our work on modularization on our blog [2] and GitHub
[3]. We also have a mailing list [4] and the IRC channel #anaconda on
freenode. Your feedback is always welcomed!

Have a nice day,
Vendy

[1] https://rhinstaller.wordpress.com/2017/10/09/anaconda-modularisation/
[2] https://rhinstaller.wordpress.com/