From: Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Discussion of Development and Customization of the Red Hat Linux Installer <anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: logging mount assembly and bootloader install, chroot missing?

On Tue, 2017-08-08 at 12:22 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> The program.log shows mount commands for assembly, followed by
> installation itself copying files to a path prefix /mnt/sysimage, and
> then bootloader setup. Isn't there a chroot happening before the
> bootloader setup? It's not in the log so I'm having some difficulty
> exactly replicating an installation environment while troubleshooting
> this bug:
>
> So the questions are:
> Is there a chroot?
> Is there a way to discover the command being used?
> And if there is a chroot, is there a way to log this command in the future?

Use the source, Luke:

and then search for 'root='. You'll find that most of the bootloader
installation-related commands run via iutil.execWithRedirect, with root
set to iutil.getSysroot() . Of course, you can look in iutil.py to see
what these do. If you *do* look there, you'll see that indeed the
relevant functions don't *currently* log the root argument. I think a
PR to add this wouldn't be unreasonable.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey