Anaconda on el6 install - problem loading custom .repo files?

Hi,

I'm trying to make yum-plugin-priorities work on redhat 6 pxe
installs.

We have some extra repositories here and we kind of need priorities to
get e.g. the right kernel (lustre servers need patching), as well as a
couple of tools that might be older than the lastest update but will
contain functional patches we need and the install path can break if we
install "wrong" packages.

Anyway, I was able to get the plugins work straight away on el7 (that
tmux is awesome) - just had to drop the plugin, pluginconf, and repo
files at the right places in the initrd or at kickstart %pre.

On el6 I was able to find /tmp/anaconda-yum.conf with proper
pluginpath, pluginconfpath and reposdir as well and it looks like from
yum.log that it does get the plugin correctly.

What is not working is that I need to set the priorities on the repos
themselves, so I wrote the .repo files "manually" and all I get is a
lookup for .treeinfo in each baseurl without actually getting the
repomd.
If I have some repo listed twice it properly warns "Repository foo is
listed more than once in the configuration" etc so it does look like
it's parsing my .repo files, but it's never getting to their actual
setups?

If I also setup yum itself (/usr/share/yum-cli and yum) and use the said
conf file everything works alright from initrd, so my conf probably
doesn't look all that bad.

Looking at the code getting all the .treeinfos seems to be used to check
the version matches the one in /.buildstamp from the initrd, so it
doesn't matter if the file actually exists in the repos or not.

I don't really see why it'd be able to try to get these .treeinfo but
never actually try to use the repos themselves though; I really just
don't get any other request on the fileserver access logs.

Any idea? What is kickstart 'repo' line doing different?
(Well, it looks like it's not actually creating any file on disk so the
repo setup itself would be all in memory? How could I add custom
parameters to that if not by repo files?)

Thanks,
--
Dominique Martinet