Re: Anaconda spoke workflow

On 01/04/2016 11:48 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
On Mon, Jan 04, 2016 at 11:32:19AM -0600, Pat Riehecky wrote:

On 01/04/2016 11:20 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:49:20PM -0600, Pat Riehecky wrote:
I'm focusing a bit on my GUI spoke workflow and ran into an odd snag.

The spoke is optional (@property mandatory = False and @property completed =
True).
It only makes sense to manipulate the spoke's data after the network has
come online.
If nothing is set on the spoke, this is fine and no actions are performed.

My initial thoughts were to make @property ready return the value of
pyanaconda.nm.nm_is_connected().  However, if the network is never connected
then spoke is never ready and therefore install can never proceed.

Are there any suggestions for how I can get what I'm looking for where the
user can't use the spoke without the network but the spoke doesn't block the
install?

anaconda-19.31.123
Is there any state where you want the spoke to block the install, or are
you just trying to block entry into the spoke when the network is down?
Looking at the current code I'm not sure there is a way to block spoke
entry for always ready non-mandatory spokes.

There is no state where I want this spoke to block the install.  I'd prefer
to prevent users from entry into the spoke until the network is up.

For now I'll just set the various properties in the interface read-only when
the network is down.
That looks like how you'll have to do it. Maybe also set the info bar at
the bottom to tell them why.

Do you have some example code I can look at for how to set the info bar?

Pat